Old Man That Wont Grow Up

vanityphotostudio
vanityphotostudio
01/30/2019 12:28 am

Hello everyone my name is David I am a retired photographer and disabled veteren. I am 64 years old and have too much free time on my hands and decided to learn to play the guitar after debating about it for years and making excuses about my hands being small. I Saw some small child playing and she was playing the heck out of guitar bigger than her at a local open mic and decided if she can do I can too even though I am a small person only 5 foot 5 inches and with small hands. I Joined yesterday and The only music experience I have is playing some ukulele and the radio. So far I have enjoyed the lessons I viewed by Lisa and hope none of my bad habits from the baritone ukulele do not cause me even more problem.

# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
01/30/2019 4:26 pm

Hey David, welcome to GT!

I'm so glad you decided to learn guitar with your free time. You are going to have so much fun with it.

Let us know if you ever need help.

# 2
mdhughes1234
mdhughes1234
02/09/2019 11:22 pm

I guess your not the only old man that is 64 taking up this adventure.

My wife bought me a guitar for Christmas. I'm really enjoying the lessons so far and glad other old guys are taking up this adventure.

Best wishes

# 3
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
12/03/2021 11:13 am

And here's a typical scammer:. old post responded to with a link to God-knows-where (I'm certainly not following it).

It took me a few seconds to find this.

Come on admins; please get your act together :)

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......

# 4
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
12/08/2021 12:27 am
Originally Posted by: DraconusJLM

And here's a typical scammer:. old post responded to with a link to God-knows-where (I'm certainly not following it).

Hey there Draconus! Thanks for your feedback on the spam post. We are a small team, and sometimes spam falls through the cracks. If you ever run across spam that has been missed, please let us know by emailing the username and/or thread name to support@guitartricks.com and we will take immediate action. By working together, we can make Guitar Tricks and the GT Forum the best place to learn guitar on the internet!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 5
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
12/08/2021 5:17 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin
Originally Posted by: DraconusJLM

Hey there Draconus! Thanks for your feedback on the spam post. We are a small team, and sometimes spam falls through the cracks. If you ever run across spam that has been missed, please let us know by emailing the username and/or thread name to support@guitartricks.com and we will take immediate action. By working together, we can make Guitar Tricks and the GT Forum the best place to learn guitar on the internet!

I usually report spammers (and then the posts are deleted, as with the one that had been posted on this thread). I appreciate that you are a small team, but it only takes 10 minutes or less to check new posts; and surely deleting the rubbish only takes seconds.

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.