Song Lesson Publish Dates

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
12/27/2018 5:05 am

The publish dates of song lessons can be found by using the "Newest" sort in the "Songs" section of GT. Unfortunately, that's the only place I know of that gives the publish date. I say unfortunately because the only way I know how to find the publish date from there is to scroll through the individual pages until I find the song I'm looking for.

For example, if I want to find the lesson publish date of Surfer Girl I have to scroll through (currently) 28 pages of lesson listings until I hit upon that title because that sort is in chronological order, newest to oldest. Clicking on a genre will shorten the listing but still yields a newest to oldest list which can be quite lengthy if it's something else than Surf.

There should be an easier more direct look up for publish dates. Is there?

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 1
manXcat
manXcat
12/27/2018 6:20 am

That' a good question john.

Curiosity aroused, took on board your point and did some digging.

I was unable to find an obvious direct way of single title pub date searching. Even entering a known song's title in the search engine box, although it finds the title, it doesn't list its associated pub date anywhere noticeably apparent I can see.

Selecting newest and genre then visually searching for the title from the presented pages' listings is the fastest way available I can determine too, and kinda' works OK pragmatically from just a few presented pages for most genres as long as the genre isn't Rock or Country. But the method is a kludge and an inarguably laborious way to have to search for the publication date of any singular specific title.

# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
12/28/2018 11:48 pm

Thanks for the confirmation, manXcat. I wish we were wrong but we're not.

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.