Hendrix songs

3donkey
3donkey
12/17/2018 5:28 pm

Hallo, I remember there were some hendrix songs lessons a few years ago. I would like to know if there will be any chance to have them back.

Thank you in avance,

Davide

# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
12/17/2018 6:32 pm

Hey Davide - We took the Hendrix songs down a few years ago by request of the music publisher that we licensed the songs from. We hope we can bring them back sometime but can't make any promises.

# 2
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
12/19/2018 5:03 pm

I understand that there may be real obstructions to being able to include the Father of Modern Electric Guitar. However... a guitar lesson web site that does not include Jimi is a bit like a bicycle, trying to ride a fish, up a strong spring tide.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 3
JeffS65
JeffS65
12/20/2018 4:13 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones

I understand that there may be real obstructions to being able to include the Father of Modern Electric Guitar. However... a guitar lesson web site that does not include Jimi is a bit like a bicycle, trying to ride a fish, up a strong spring tide.

While true, you still can't legally use an artists music without their (eg -their publishing company and/or estate) without permission. Hendrix stuff is very tightly held. To an extent, needlessly but that is still the case. When the artist is alive and essentially own their own publishing, it can be easier in theory. With Hendrix, you have an enormous estate of a dead legend which is a spectacular complication. Not easy. GT pays the artist to use the the songs but if the artist's estate is not in support, then there is little they can do without risking expensive legal action from the publishing/estate.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.