Good songs to learn?

Rammstein2452
Rammstein2452
10/12/2000 4:30 am
I've been learning alot of metallica, rammstein, metal type stuff. and im trying to "broden my playing" (yeah i know my spelling sucks) can anyone tell me some kewl songs/artists to try playing? a tab sight would help me out to. I'm also looking for some "easy" solos, not to fast, i want to learn one to "amaze" my friends, c-yah!

------------------
RAMMSTEIN RULESSS!!!!!!
Hello me, Meet the REAL me
# 1
Rat520
Rat520
10/12/2000 4:52 am
Learn some jazz guitar songs, i don't think you can find the tabs for them but there worth asking around for. They help your reading skills, chord knowlage (jazz chords have weird fingering) and they sound cool. Just use your penatonics for soloing and that makes them a bit easier
"You know, we do more than just sing and dance. We've got a brain, too."
Backstreet Boys
# 2
BarryS
BarryS
10/12/2000 8:31 am
Click Here:

http://members.tripod.com/~jpgr_beatles/tabs/tabs.html

[This message has been edited by BarryS (edited 10-12-2000).]
# 3

10/12/2000 7:17 pm
If you're looking to get into some hard rock, try a few of my fav. hard rock bands:
Zeppelin, Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne. Also try Guns N' Roses, imop a fantastic and under-rated band. I like powerfull music, music that is sort of melancholy and moddy, you know? There are tons of artists who do this. Try Simon & Garfunkel, songs like "The Boxer" and "Sound of Silence" are really cool songs to play for the acoustic.
# 4
LuigiCabrini
LuigiCabrini
10/12/2000 7:36 pm
quote:
Originally posted by Rat520:
Learn some jazz guitar songs, i don't think you can find the tabs for them but there worth asking around for. They help your reading skills, chord knowlage (jazz chords have weird fingering) and they sound cool. Just use your penatonics for soloing and that makes them a bit easier

I'm not sure how useful learning specific jazz standards would be without any knowledge of jazz. If you learn chord fingerings, instead of knowing the chords, than you only know one voicing out of many, many possibilities, your playing will be bland. If you just use pentatonics, you're missing out on a lot. I think it'd be better to stick with learning blues rock songs for now, and if he really wants to get into jazz, do it whole heartedly, by studying the fundamentals, not jumping right into learning tunes.

# 5
guitar_chick
guitar_chick
10/13/2000 1:23 am
Two easy songs and the solos in them are sweet home alabama and stairway to heaven. there the only ones i can play so they are pretty easy. but the solo in sth is awesome. i've almost learned the whole thing. i think it could impress your friends.
KIM
# 6
Joseph
Joseph
10/13/2000 4:38 am
"Stairway to Heaven" is an amazing expereiance from the beginning to the end. And once you nail the solo, it does wonders for your style. I think when we start out we all try pout best t develop our own style, so we take in as much as we can to get a better pespective of it all, once you master this Zeppelin tune, I guarantee you, you'll be a much more confident player...

-Joseph

------------------
Swoop and soar like tyhe blues angels...
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.