View post (female guitarists???)

View thread

jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
10/03/2000 8:01 am
i think it's cool you're learning lead, 'cause a lot of girls just stop at learning chords and whatnot, a girl who can solo can write her own ticket, well anytime a woman can play a male dominated instrument,they can get over , like(the bassist from apc and hole/smashing pumpkins, drummer from kid rock. I'm not trying to sound like a chauvanist but i haven't heard or seen to many women lead guitarist, the only ones i've heard of(you guys may have heard of more) are meridith brooks(she's really good i've heard her shred), bonnie raitt(cool as hell), and the lead guitarist from the bengals. i would like to teach my sister to be a really good guitarist she's 4, maybe in a few years or so i'll have enough knowledge to share and teach her to be a really good guitarist, she already like to hold em and strum em, she has like 4 toy guitars she gets a new one everytime i get one, but she likes to play mine instead. like i say a girl who can throw down on guitar can write her own ticket. it's true, it's true
"Take my hand boss"