Guitar aerobics

gilouch0
gilouch0
09/27/2018 4:25 am

Just wondering if someone has "read" the book guitar aerobics, and has gone through all/some of the exercises.

I have just started and I was curious to hear some feedback about actual technique improvement, if any, after a year of exercises

Regards

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
09/27/2018 5:31 pm

Hi gilouch0,

I've never personally used the book, but I've definitely heard some good things about it! What do you think about it so far? Do you find the exercises helpful?

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
gilouch0
gilouch0
09/27/2018 10:40 pm

So far so good and forces me to get out of my comfort zone.

But I have so many things I want to work on that I am just wondering if this book is worth a year work or if I'd rather focus on different things for a more efficient learning path ...

# 3
RickZ72
RickZ72
10/02/2018 3:20 am

Just looked it up and it seems pretty interesting, I like the concept of a daily exercise to help you develop dexterity.

Would love to hear what you think about it in a few weeks if you keep using it.

# 4
gilouch0
gilouch0
10/10/2018 4:19 am
Originally Posted by: RickZ72

Just looked it up and it seems pretty interesting, I like the concept of a daily exercise to help you develop dexterity.

So far I like it, but I am just on week 3.

sometimes, some days, you don't have much time to play guitar, and so you say to yourself you won't play, because what can you do within 10 minutes... ? well this practice is 15minutes a day, so you will play every day because you know that as soon as you start missing days it can quickly escalate... so it is kind of a challenge. And yeah, when you buy a book promising you will be better player after a year if you stick to it, makes you wanna do it seriously.

SO, very good for motivating and "forcing" you to play

the content of the exercises is covering scales, arpeggios, chords, sweep picking, alternate picking, bends, hammer-on, pull-offs, ...

it gets harder and harder as the weeks go by, but for now I have to say it is not too difficult. When you stumble upon something tricky, it makes you look for solutions and new techniques (faster picking for example) which is good.

Not only can you go through the book once, but several times, and maybe increasing the bpm's for them every year.

What I like is that it is not long, 15minutes... so I can combine it with guitar tricks, song learning, ...

# 5
RickZ72
RickZ72
10/11/2018 9:54 pm
Originally Posted by: gilouch0

sometimes, some days, you don't have much time to play guitar, and so you say to yourself you won't play, because what can you do within 10 minutes... ? well this practice is 15minutes a day, so you will play every day because you know that as soon as you start missing days it can quickly escalate... so it is kind of a challenge. And yeah, when you buy a book promising you will be better player after a year if you stick to it, makes you wanna do it seriously.

the content of the exercises is covering scales, arpeggios, chords, sweep picking, alternate picking, bends, hammer-on, pull-offs, ...

it gets harder and harder as the weeks go by, but for now I have to say it is not too difficult. When you stumble upon something tricky, it makes you look for solutions and new techniques (faster picking for example) which is good.

Not only can you go through the book once, but several times, and maybe increasing the bpm's for them every year.

What I like is that it is not long, 15minutes... so I can combine it with guitar tricks, song learning, ...

Thanks for the review! Sounds like a pretty good approach, I also like the 15-minute-practice you suggested.

I just ordered the book after reading this, really excited to give it a try.

# 6
Marshal_Zadeh
Marshal_Zadeh
10/29/2018 9:48 am

Sounds real Good !

i did read few books such as : Troy Stetina guitar Mechanics, Chris Zoupa The Ultimate shred machine and some Guthrie Govan stuff, But never really read guitar Aerobics.

However the reviews seem good and i believe it to be of the same effect as the books i mentioned. in my experience Books are like the home work you get when you go to a guitar instructor, For that reason i stopped really reading them and just got home work from my instructor.

I believe Guitar Tricks can also provide that .

# 7
ninatity12
ninatity12
11/06/2018 2:10 pm

simply questioning if someone has "study" the e book guitar aerobics, and has gone through all/a number of the exercises.

i have just began and i used to be curious to hear some remarks approximately actual method improvement, if any, after a 12 months of sporting ac

tivities

# 8
gilouch0
gilouch0
11/08/2018 4:24 am
Originally Posted by: ninatity12

simply questioning if someone has "study" the e book guitar aerobics, and has gone through all/a number of the exercises.

i have just began and i used to be curious to hear some remarks approximately actual method improvement, if any, after a 12 months of sporting ac

tivities

there are some youtube channels of guys that went through the whole year

I am at week 7 and I already feel my dexterity got better.

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.