Enough with the easy songs / part two

Bobk42
Full Access
Bobk42
Full Access
09/11/2018 12:39 am

Can you guy's please start giving us some "regular" songs again?

# 1
jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
09/11/2018 4:41 pm

I would like to second that.

# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
09/11/2018 5:25 pm

The most recent easy version lessons are follow-on's to previously published 'regular' lessons for the same songs. With those new easy versions, the total number of easy version lessons is somewhere near 40 out of a song lessons list approaching 1000.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
09/12/2018 5:26 pm

Hey guys!

We understand that some of you are looking for non Made Easy song lessons, and we get that. We're always working on new song lessons that is fun and exciting for everyone.

We have released a number of Made Easy songs, that's for sure, but we also released the full version of "Lemon Tree," and "Black and White" in August and in July, we released lessons on "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and "The Twist."

Thanks for your patience and your feedback!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 4
Bobby Barns
Bobby Barns
09/14/2018 9:24 pm

This year so far (except for January) has been the worst run of song lesson choices in as long as I can remember on here. That's not just because of the made easy stuff by the way.....it's also just simply bad (must be cheaper to license) song choices.......but this years decision to inundate the song lesson section with made easy versions of already released songs(which many times takes the place of the normal song lesson spot for that week) has easily been the worst decision ever made on here & just adds insult to injury. Please stop

# 5
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
09/15/2018 9:14 am

A total of 48 songs have been added so far this year, 15 of them were "made easy" versions which leaves 33 that were "regular" versions, that really doesn't sound like too much in my opinion. Add on top of that the high quality lessons also added and Christopher Schlegel alone has put out some incredible material for this site so far this year. When i take all of that into account i know i am getting more than my moneys worth from this site.[br]If you'd like to look at how many songs and lessons the closest competitors to Guitar Tricks have provided so far this year for the same or even more subscription costs maybe you would realise how much you are getting for your money.[br]The library of songs on GT is huge and there is years and years worth of learning material on this site so when people complain about the rate of new songs added I wonder just how quickly are you really learning these new songs that you crave another new one so soon and have you really depleted all the previously added content your subscription gives you access to???[br]maybe people also need to remember that this site has to cater for all paying members as eaqually as they can and there is no way possible we can all be satisfied with every new piece of content added but for a site as whole i really think you'd find it hard to find a better one.

# 6
manXcat
manXcat
09/15/2018 9:55 am

Like to echo my support for the voice of reason and balance in your post fuzzb0x.

I share the sentiments expressed. Ć°Åøā€˜Ā

# 7
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
09/15/2018 3:23 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

Like to echo my support for the voice of reason and balance in your post fuzzb0x.

I share the sentiments expressed. Ć°Åøā€˜Ā

Yup. Me too.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 8
JeffS65
JeffS65
09/17/2018 2:56 pm

Food for thought; there are an enormous number of songs to learn at GT (along with many very useful lessons), it might be worthwhile learning songs in styles and genre's that are not your favorite style. You have no idea how much you'll learn playing something outside of your preferred stuff. It only builds your knowledge and skills.

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.