View post (Danelectro 'Chili Dog' octave mini pedal)

View thread

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
10/21/2007 5:32 am
I don't find Octavers that useful to be honest.. It is a very specific effect so I can't really use it all the time.. in fact I find it hard to find a song that you can really get a good use out of the pedal. I'd like to hear about what you are using the pedal for.. That and the fact that they buzz-out when you play chords through them makes a separate pedal purchase, no matter how cheap, something that you really need to think about.

I bought a cheap (2nd hand) BOSS one years back and I felt ripped off to be honest.. not because the pedal was broken.. just that I couldn't really use it a lot and it felt like a waste of money. Now that I have it as a part of my multi-effects pedal I still don't use it very much, if at all, but it's there if I need it.

I appreciate that this was a review of the product and not an opinion of why you should or shouldn't get one.. but yeh.. the octave effect is usually "specific" (ie. limited) to a certain style.. and even then you don't use it all the time.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog