View post (What are your ALL TIME rock concert highlight?)

View thread

moosehockey18
moosehockey18
11/08/2020 11:39 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat
Originally Posted by: moosehockey18

So many shows............ Hard to pick favorites but these are 4 that stick out in my mind.

1) Bruce Springsteen 1984. Saw him at the old Civic Arena in Pittsburgh where I grew up. He and his band played for 4 hours. Came out for several encores; the last one was Santa Clause is Coming to Town. The concert was in September !

2) John Denver early 1970`s. My first concert ! I came to identify with his music probably more than any other artist and He`s at least partially responsible for the fact that I live in the mountains today. My wife and I saw him 3 more times in the 80`s and 90`s.

3) America, 2013 at the Community Music Center in Wolfeboro NH. My wife and I saw them a few times during their heyday in the 70`s, but this concert cost 30 bucks a ticket and the facility held maybe 2000 people, so the show was a wonderfully intimate experience. They sounded great and played all their hits. It was like being in the 70`s again, except this time our grown daughters were with us !

4) Trans Siberian Orchestra ( multiple years ) It`s a Holiday concert but their production and stage show are second to none. Spellbinding !

Two concerts there which leave me in envy moosehockey18, in the most complimentary sense.

John Denver was at his zenith when I bought my first acoustic guitar, and upon reflection was influential in the decision. Pretty sure I wore out his "An Evening with John Denver" double album in 1975,...figuratively. I still have that original on vinyl, replete with scratches.

America. Would have loved to have had the opportunity to have seen them in their early '70s heyday. Alongside Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On", America featured prominently in my easy listening as each album released. Have all of their '70s albums.

Ahhhh.....An Evening with John Denver. I`ve got that album too ! As for America, just learned to play Sandman. Awesome song for an acoustic.

Peace.