View post (What are your ALL TIME rock concert highlight?)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
06/17/2018 9:25 pm

I have seen many big name acts but the best show ever was a complete surprise to me and every one who attended.

I saw Eric Johnson at a small local venue on the same night as the Stones were playing near by in Portland. There was also another big name act booked across town that same night. This crowded situation set up a simple quirk of circumstance.

Unfortunatly for Eric, less than 100 people showed up for his gig. The up side was that I got to watch his entire show from about 5 feet away. If I couldn't see some aspect of his technique all I had to do was move a couple of feet, in one direction or the other, and the view was perfect!! I not only enjoyed the sound, but I got to closely watch a real master, up close and personal! It was as personal, as if the gig happened in my living room.

I doubt the band made much money that night. But the crowd was very enthusiastic and (despite what must have been a disappointing gate) the band played several encores. Real professional musicians for sure! That was the best $25 I ever spent!!

Captcha is a total pain in the........