View post (So make me feel better, Mike:)

View thread

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
05/07/2018 2:35 pm

I hear ya, Mike..........my era........well before yours.......was Mountain, Grand Funk Railroad, The Who, Black Sabbath......and the like!! As a young teen......I learned "Inside Looking Out" (great tune by the way!! Classic....in fact I'm stunned it's never made a resurgence........hint............hint!!!!) verbatem and then some!! I'd wager I could relearn all the integral guitar parts again well within and hour and play this again like a pro as I did back in my heyday........and I was good too........this was a concensus but any way......but any one of the many more recent great songs you've taught.......definitely not so much! There's definitely something to be said about 'opportune' youthful learning....like a foreign language. Everyone who speaks 3-5 foreign languages started at a very early age!! But......just to bring things full circle........this is exactly why I so look forward to your great artist study courses (here I'm back at the great Pete Townsend that's finally on deck and man am I psyched.....one great idea from me, no!!!??) because I can still generally grasp concepts and pull upon this core learning which I wich never stopped from my young teens and expand upon all this to hopefully..........hopefully make my own style and sound plus make this all sound great. It's definitely a HUGE challenge and very frustrating at times but you and GT 100% make all this possible!! Everyone there but especially you as well as Christopher really care and carefully design and consider lessons that really speak to me. I hope you don't mind all this dribble here but it's invaluable lessons I'd wager you wish were around too when you struggled or got lost trying to advance upon this very frustrating yet beautiful instrument!! Jim C.