View post (So make me feel better, Mike:)

View thread

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
05/02/2018 3:43 am

All these great tunes you've worked out and tabbed and pulled apart the various guitar parts and styles of guitar playing.........if i pick any tune at random that you covered for GT say two years ago.......would you be able to recall it quickly and play it again like you did the song very recently?? i ask because I still get so #@#! frustrated even after a couple of days of working out a single guitar part to one of your songs!! Memory is the first thing to go perhaps??? Seriously, it's so hard for me to recall a progression and style of a tune and I realize there's no real shortcuts but there's got to be an artform to great retention!!?? Then.........when I do believe I have songs (or licks/solos) worked out and I'm in any jam situation.......instead of just bursting into a cool tune you've taught us and impressing I freeze and instead......I get crickets!!!?? There should be a course just on commiting things to memory.......identifying key passages or even great tunes and having them stick to the ole grey matter!! Thanks!! Jim C.