View post (Practicing on both Acoustic and Electric)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
06/08/2019 3:17 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

tsuhanov.a23 is a signature spambot William MG.

Note the join date, number of posts (= 1), it's nonsensical irrelevance and characteristic (new) "Registered User" status.

'Tis true. GT Admin will remove such but I find they have to be tipped off to the spam presence most of the time. Once that happens, they are very quick to get rid of the crap and ban the new 'member.'

On top of the 'first post', another characteristic I've noted is the frequent posting of the garbage to old, sometimes very old, threads. Still, a spammer will sometimes start his/her own thread with their garbage. One like that was deleted just yesterday.

In the past year I believe GT implemented steps to prevent the junk. It's very much reduced but I see one or two slip through most weeks. In any case, it doesn't take much effort to email Guitar Tricks Admin and ask them to take down the miscreants' posts. I've tipped off dozens (hundreds if you count the massive Vietnamese-language dump some months ago) but I missed the one above. Everybody should join the fun!

My thought is thorough and fast deletion of the spam will deter future attempts. "Put trash in it's place."

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins