View post (Major scales over chords)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/24/2018 3:21 pm

You're welcome for the reply! Glad it helped.

Originally Posted by: Sleepers Hill[br]That has really put my mind at ease. I am very new to the guitar and I am currently on Guitar Fundamentals two and I was chugging along nicely and then suddenly I had a complete overload of musical theory and became very confused.
[/quote]

In general your music theory knowledge or learning should match pace with your technique & physical skills.

The GT course curriculums are all designed to give you a little theory, then a lot of practical application of that theory. I know it can get overwhelming at times, with so much to learn! But hang in there & be patient with yourself.

[quote=Sleepers Hill]

However, thanks for putting me in the right direction and thank you for the great links to tutorials. I will check these out and will continue working my way through guitar fundamentals 2.

Thanks for letting me know where you are in the process. I encourage you to continue working through GF2. The tutorial links I gave you can wait. Or if you have time they can be a great suppliment to the course.

Please ask more questions when you have them & best of success!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory