View post (How do you know when you're good?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
08/02/2002 10:34 pm
Originally posted by Benoit
I do the close eyes thing too.

I think I'm now getting good because I let myself go and I accept errors in my solos. Before I couldn't stand missing a note, now I don't really care. Don't get me wrong I'm not getting sloppy but I just go with the flow and enjoy the good licks I do and accept the bad.

I've been playing ten years now and just started to solo. I hate to say it but I lost a lot of years because I wasn't happy with my techniques. Don't make the same mistake, enjoy every second.

It's just like in life, sometimes you succeed, sometimes you don't. It's all about getting up and starting over.

Well, I think think it's wonderful when we can just try to lose ourselves in the moment, without feeling self conscious of every move we make. And sometimes, that's when the magic happens, I've found that my best guitar solos are recorded impulsively, and it's amazing feeling when you can accomplish something like that!

And yeah man, we just have to take some chances in life. The only things you'll ever regret are the risks you never took. Live for today, in case tomorrow never comes. And as musicians, it's important to learn to trust ourselves!

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."