View post (Starting my first pedalboard)

View thread

Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
07/24/2017 6:14 pm

Hi Matthias,

The pedals I use are based on what I like to play, and how I want my guitar to sound. If you're looking to just fill in the sounds with a variety of pedals, I think most pedals these days are good enough to get the job done. The technology has really improved over the years and most pedals are pretty darn good. Here are my picks:

Overdrive: I use a tubescreamer, you can get a Ibanez Tubescreamer, a Boss Bluesdriver or an OCD Fulltone. These models can be pricey, but there are a lot of clones out there from lesser known brands that do the exact same thing.

Tremolo: I use a very simple Behringer Ultra Tremolo TP300. Gets the job done and makes really weird noises sometimes, which is great!

Delay: I'm a big fan of the MXR Carbon Copy delay, but I also use a Vox Lil Looper that has delay effects built in.

Boost: MXR Micro Amp or the TC Electronics Spark Mini Booster! The TC is a little cheaper and honestly, does the job!

Wah: Get the Dunlop Crybaby, it's the original, it's great, it's probably the cheapest wah you can find, and it's built like a tank.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.