Best section to learn lead guitar

Dhorsup
Dhorsup
06/11/2017 3:06 am

Can someone please point me to the best lesson section in Guitar Tricks that covers learning lead guitar?

I have worked through the Basics I and II so far and love it!

Thanks,

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/11/2017 3:40 pm
Originally Posted by: Dhorsup

Can someone please point me to the best lesson section in Guitar Tricks that covers learning lead guitar?

Glad you are enjoying GT lessons! Since you've worked through GF 1 & 2, the best place to continue your learning is the style courses: blues, country, or rock. So, you need to think about which style (or genre) you want to play the most going forward.

https://www.guitartricks.com/experienced.php

There's a lot of overlap in each style because many of the musical concepts remain the same (notes, scales, chords). But each style uses those basic building blocks in different ways (techniques & note choices for example) that are particular to each style.

Also, as soon as you can play some chords in time you should start learning tunes! :) After all, that's why we learn to play the guitar, to play songs!

You'll find beginner level songs in the song catalog.

https://www.guitartricks.com/songs.php?input=beginners

And then as you work through a style course, you'll you start to learn the techniques required to play single note riffs & licks. At that point you can look for more slightly advanced songs with those techniques.

GT also has plenty of detailed, more advanced level tutorials on how to play lead guitar when you are ready for them. And we've got songs that completely breakdown the licks & solos in songs. But you should really work through a style course first in order to build a good foundation for taking the next step.

Please ask more if necessary & have fun!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
angelstepanova1981
angelstepanova1981
03/04/2019 9:14 am

Guitar playing is not all about show off lead lines, its about putting music in front of people that can understand it. Mobdro

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.