View post (Yep, me too - starting over)

View thread

Medrod
Full Access
Medrod
Full Access
03/08/2017 9:47 pm

I played acoustic guitar for about ten years, but that was over 40 years ago. (For me, it was not like riding a bike - I did have to start over.) I was an engineer and our family was relocated. With the new job and a young family, life just got complicated. Many times I wanted to restart...new week. Of course than never happened.

Now in my 70's, a little over a year ago I decided, "It's now or never." I still had my old guitar, but it needed some work so I bought a Guild D120CE which I really like. Since then I had my original, a Martin D45 knock off, re-crowned and it's great, again.

Since I'm retired and living six months of the year in each of two locations, training is a problem. I have a teacher, with over 50 years experience and my age, so we relate well. He loads me WAY down with stuff before I leave the area. However, after a few months, I am a loss to continue learning. That's where Guitar Tricks comes in.

Currently, I'm running through beginner material here to see what I may have missed and to get aquainted with this site. By this summer I will have discovered the leasons that are at my current level and go from there.

[br](Medrod is a handle I've used for other sites and the one I used when I signed on for a free trial. My first name is Rich, not that it matters.)