Parlor Guitars

Papa Rich
Papa Rich
10/27/2016 12:38 am

Originally had this thread in the gear review forum. My bad!

So most people on these forums at GT tell about their newest axe and all the accessories they have. Nothing wrong with that. I am an intermediate player and I have a Fender American Strat HSS and love it. But I always wanted a small acoustic that wouldn't fall apart but also is definitely a knock around guitar. I just got a Recording King RPH-05. I spent $160 new and I am tickled by it. Parlors are not kid or mini-guitars. The necks are as wide and the frets are as big as a dreadnaught. The bodies are smaller and usually the 12th fret meets the body. The sounds are different but this guitar sounds great and has a solid spruce top with bone sadle and nut. It's from China and the guitar was perfect out of the box.

I am curious if anyone else has had the urge to return to the "old" days of buying a guitar that ain't pretty, is inexpensive and just is a lot of fun.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/31/2016 8:59 pm

You're spot on with this. There's something about returning to the old days and seeking a guitar that isn't expensive yet has that vintage look and feel.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.