View post (A Mess on Favorites Page)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
07/23/2016 6:58 pm
Bad news for me on the Favorites page this morning. The listing of lessons I'm working on, each saved as a favorite, was completely random when I opened up my Favorites page. In other words, those lessons I had moved to the top of the Favorites page for easy/quick access were no longer there.

I couldn't discern an order to the lessons that were listed...what I did find was lessons that I had worked on 24-hours before were now buried in random order in the pages and pages of six+ years of favorites I had saved. I recovered some (buried 3-5 pages from the top) and moved them back to the top. Others I opened, clicked Unfavorite and then clicked Favorite thereby placing them back on the top. Bad news and a 20+ minute interruption of my practice session.

When GT redid the site some user friendly functions were lost. Considering GT wasn't particularly user friendly to begin with some of the loss was painful. What got strong comments from me and others was the diminished ability to manage the lessons we were active with or had done in the past. What we ended up with was the ability to click and drag lessons into preferred order on the Favorites page. It's not what we asked for...it's not what was promised...but it was a great help and we remained patient and hopeful that the ability to arrange, manage and 'file' lessons [U]according to the users' preference[/U] would some day come to be. Meanwhile...

You guys must ensure the Favorites page is working and stays working. GT ended numbering the lessons (that system too needed improvement, not deletion) and trying to find lessons by title is tiresome as there isn't much logic to titles sometimes and often there are similar titles or, at the least, multiple titles with the same key words, ie.g., triads, inversions, etc.. Clicking and dragging Favorites into some semblance of order is a critical capability. At least it is for me.

I have signed off and signed back in today and the new organization of my current lessons seems to remain in place on the Favorites page. But the dozens of lessons from previous years I had arranged are lost in the mire. To be sure, they are retrievable...all I have to do is remember each one, determine it's specific title, and go through the pages looking for 'em. Then I can set about reordering their appearance. I would like to think this upset just happened with me and others are unaffected but I have a hunch that's not the case.

Please ensure that the Favorites page is fixed and stays fixed.

john
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins