View post (how important is speed??.....really)

View thread

nasum_human
nasum_human
07/19/2002 2:02 am
just me, again, I would say that it's hard to differentiate the notes, but at a frequency of 53hz, the human ear is gonna have a hard time, with a little messing about on my computer (half the hassle was converting the mp3 into a WAV file so my editing software would accept it) I think that you're definetely onto something, although at this speed, the note clarity is hardly going to be great, I'd reccomend that you put a couple of compression effects in there so you get a REALLY tight focused sound, because with any hint of distortion it blurs the notes together, I can hear clearly that you're playing many many notes, but I wasnt too sure about 53, at this speed, human error gets in the way (plus, I'm a little jealous that you can play over TWICE as fast as me, and I thought I was damn sharp hehe)
I think we need someone to use a sampler and slow the hell out of it to listen, good luck though and I wasnt trying to cut you down, just offering some constructive criticism!
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)