Visualization - Guitars

Joseph
Joseph
08/18/2000 7:58 pm
Some of the best players claim they do some oif their best playing in their mind, ell I guess to those who are willing to listen and understand. Im talking about when someone can imagine playing a certain melody that has been lingering inside their head. We dont always have a guitar on us, so I find it helps to plasy a few notes here in there in mid air, just to get the feel of whats going on inside of mind. Just by forming chord structures/solos on a make believe guitar, Ive found that this method greatly increases accuracy and concentration.

Also its great to get a good menbtalk imasge before you start letting your fingers lead the way, I tend to study certain transcriptions to no end, which has always helped me in the past. Alot of people tend to jump into something before they're ready, which leads to frustration. I use fret boarde visualization all of the time, it sure helps when you dont have a guitar handy, have you ever tried it or do ytou use it often before attempting those mind boggling configurations?

-Joseph

------------------
Swoop and soar like tyhe blues angels...
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
bofatron sofasaurus
bofatron sofasaurus
08/19/2000 4:31 am
sure, I use similar practices. After 20 years you can basically see what you're after on the neck without thinking too much about scales and whatnot. Poke around in the lessons area at EG and you'll run into some of this stuff http://guitarsoc.homestead.com

And yeah, you can play guitar in your mind without having one in your hands. You can visualize intervals, chords, lead lines, riffs, whatever -- and visualization techniques are a great way to improve on guitar.
http://shredlikehell.com
Shred Like Hell
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.