View post (Reverse Engineering Modes)

View thread

jaeler
jaeler
12/31/2015 6:27 pm
I was looking at some of that stuff, and I liked how you would start one scale, then move to a mode to correspond to the chord change. I do that all the time on keys, its not really a scale change, more of a root note change in the same scale. With the guitar, its the mode that does that.

I'll have to go through all that stuff, just working on learning all the modes atm. Adding one a week, so another two weeks till I have them all. Also want to work on the harmonic minor scale, that's always been a favorite of mine. From C, that's a C minor, d major, g minor, an Eb major, and a nice d7th if you want to go more bluesy. Couple of weird diminished chords. It can also be really dark and mysterious.

Love your lessons, got my fingers dabbling in lots of places. Just starting on eruption (gonna have to work on tapping I think you call it. Easier on lower strings, I can get some cool sounding stuff, really tough on hi e, that said, having a lot of fun with the rhythm section. Having to discipline myself, want to do it my way, I can do that later. the notation is a lot tighter.), and I really love Bouree. (Saw you had guide on that) Can tell you a story bout that one. We have a Birthday today, Ian Anderson cried out. It is the Birthday of JS Bach. And this is a little song of his, how he might of played it if he played the blues....