View post (Blues Jam in Cm)

View thread

maggior
maggior
03/04/2016 2:20 pm
Originally Posted by: JeremyRodriguezAwesomeness. Listening to it as I post. Definitely don't sound like most blues jam guitarists that I have heard. I usually can't listen past 30 seconds, but there's something about your style that is interesting. I can't wait to see how far you go from here for sure.

How long have you been playing?

Thank you so much! This has to be one of the best complements I've received on my playing...I appreciate that.

How long I've been playing is actually a bit of a complicated question. I started at 13 over 30 years ago. As a young adult I didn't play or advance much. 15 years ago I got serious and took lessons for a year. After that got married, had kids, no time for guitar...the usual story. In there I played acoustic guitar in the church choir for a year. Three years ago I signed up here and dug into Anders' blues course. I would say that his lessons are what got my lead playing to where it is now. Anders is a monster player, but has a minimalist approach to things that really appeals to me.

Something else that helped me advance was joining a band. Currently I gig as part of a duo...he sings and plays acoustic, I sing backup and play lead and rhythm on electric guitar.

If you want to check out other stuff I've done, you can go to my soundcloud here:
My soundcloud page.

I also have some video from my duo if you are interested.

How long have you been playing? What style of music do you like to play? If you have any examples of your playing I'd enjoy listening to it.