Floyd influenced jam

maggior
maggior
12/05/2015 6:21 am
I recently found a PF based jam track that I just couldn't resist. My playing is very influenced by Gilmour so this was fun.

I had contemplated a "build it up and make them wait for it" approach, but instead I decided to take a page from Gilmour and just "kick in the door and let them have it!".

I hope you enjoy listening. I particularly like the breakdowns.

I have another blues thing I've been working with that I hope to share soon also.

If you are interested in the backing track, let me know. Using these is a great way of exploring ideas, applying what you've learned here, and improving your playing...all while having fun :).

https://soundcloud.com/ballistic_squid/pf-jam-gm-squid
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
12/10/2015 6:55 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorI recently found a PF based jam track that I just couldn't resist. My playing is very influenced by Gilmour so this was fun.

I had contemplated a "build it up and make them wait for it" approach, but instead I decided to take a page from Gilmour and just "kick in the door and let them have it!".

I hope you enjoy listening. I particularly like the breakdowns.

I have another blues thing I've been working with that I hope to share soon also.

If you are interested in the backing track, let me know. Using these is a great way of exploring ideas, applying what you've learned here, and improving your playing...all while having fun :).

https://soundcloud.com/ballistic_squid/pf-jam-gm-squid

Sounds excellent. What guitar are you using?
# 2
maggior
maggior
12/11/2015 2:07 pm
Thank you for listening and commenting! :).

I was using my strat. I started out on the neck pickup and somewhere in the middle of the song I got overly enthusiastic with my picking and knocked the pickup selector to the 4th position. You can hear the change in tone.
# 3
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
12/11/2015 8:24 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorThank you for listening and commenting! :).

I was using my strat. I started out on the neck pickup and somewhere in the middle of the song I got overly enthusiastic with my picking and knocked the pickup selector to the 4th position. You can hear the change in tone.

Haha nice. It happens. It sounded like a Strat or Tele to me so that's pretty awesome.
# 4

12/15/2015 3:36 pm
very nice playing rich! the tone was great you can hear that strat very well.
can u send me the BT.
thx rich.
# 5
maggior
maggior
12/15/2015 6:16 pm
Thanks Axe!! I've been playing my strat more lately, even out.

I will post the backing track tonight and post here.
# 6
maggior
maggior
12/16/2015 3:02 am
Here is the backing track. It's is from a youtube video I converted to mp3. Here is the mp3 you can download and put into your daw:
https://app.box.com/s/8y4b9c6e2we4irbl1kj2ohgqi04yytqf

here's the youtube link in case you want to subscribe to the channel:
https://youtu.be/_zj2NZ6in6I

If you record with the backing track, why not post it here? We'd love to hear what you do with it!
# 7
haghj500
haghj500
12/20/2015 12:05 am
Sounding good, I can hear the Floyd influence through it. About 1:24 to 1:43 you hit a spot it seems you were connected to the song you flowed nice. Not much to suggest I can hear the hammer on/offs, your timing on the bending sounds good and I hear a few multiple string bends in there just to test the door. Some nice runs also, I have not, but I am wondering if you have gone back and listened to your first post lately?

Thanks for sharing.
# 8
maggior
maggior
12/21/2015 9:53 pm
Thanks haghj500 for the listen and the comments!! I did recently go back and listen to some of the stuff I started with and there is definitely a difference. Actually, the difference is more evident in something else I did recently which was a blues jam in a similar vein to what I started with almost 2 years ago.

Surprisingly I didn't cringe listening to the 2 year old recording. There are things that I do in the recent recording that now come off smooth and confident. In the old recording, those same or similar phrases sounded more hesitant and slightly disjointed.

There is still much work to be done, but it's nice to be able to hear progress. Speed is coming more easily to me and I'm getting brave and using it successfully here and there. I'm starting to add notes here and there outside the pents. I'm getting better at landing on "good notes" and using a melody as a guide for improvisation.

I'll post this recent blues jam since it seems there are still some folks hanging around here that are interested.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.