NOOOOOOoooOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooooOOOOO!

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/26/2000 3:18 am
Imagine the scene:
My band and I are practicing, were jammin it out real good. The bass is pumping (really pumping as it turns out), and suddenly- the bass is silent... I'm still playing... CRASH!

I turn around to see my beloved amp head on the floor behind me. The Gemini power conditioner's face is pushed in, and the power amp has pulled outward on it's mounting brackets... my goodness what a fall.

So with the rest of the band looking on in silence, I pick up my rack, plug it back in... and everything works!

Any other stories of equpment that's actually made to last?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
07/26/2000 3:25 am
you made it seem like you fell to the ground, coddled it in your arms and said"WHY!!!TAKE ME INSTEAD LORD..TAKE ME!!!. but i feel you. i would propably would be super worried about my equipment if it fell to the ground. i treat my stuff like my own children.

------------------
And that's the bottomline............
"Take my hand boss"
# 2
Buzz
Buzz
07/26/2000 5:03 pm
I treat my stuff like step-children.. so it all better damn well last!
That which you can not cure,
you must endure!
———————————
Buzz
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/30/2000 4:34 am
Actually, I treat my instruments like my children. My amp quaifies as a trusted friend.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 4
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
07/30/2000 5:51 pm
it makes me angry to see a guitarists smash his guitar that sickens me so.

------------------
And that's the bottomline............
"Take my hand boss"
# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/31/2000 12:09 am
Yeah, I agree, John Hiat (and I know I'm spelling the name wrong) said it best in "Perfectly Good Guitar."
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 6
Invasion1
Invasion1
08/08/2000 10:39 am
I cried when i saw Trent reznor throw not one but 3 different les pauls in the air and let them crash onto the floor. That bastard!
# 7
Jon68
Jon68
08/18/2000 3:21 am
I've got a Fender Black Face 1965 Super Reverb that I bought used in the Spring of 1966. I've carried that amp around in the trunks of various cars (never had a truck) for 34 years. It's only been worked on once, and that was my fault. I changed output tubes without having the amp rebiased, and after a few years, blew some resistors and capacitors. Cost about $100 to get it fixed. The amp is still as quiet as a tomb when not playing, and sings like crazy when its dimed.

[This message has been edited by Jon68 (edited 08-17-2000).]
# 8
MajorA
MajorA
11/06/2000 3:30 am
Originally posted by jake sommers
i treat my stuff like my own children.

You have kids?? I almost yelled "STOP" at Yngwie when i saw him through around all those Marshalls!!
Sounding better is in your head ,not your amp.
# 9
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
12/17/2002 7:28 am
muahahaah.. thought i´d pull out an oooold thread.

i had that too once or twice.. my guitar.. i placed it on top of a bar-chair for there was nothing else in sight and went away to the toilet. when i returned it lay on the floor and i was like OH MY GAAAAWD!!!?!?!?!?!

suprisingly it didnt even have a scratch. later i discovered that someone just took it and placed it there because he needed the chair *LOL*

and once i had my guitar on my back in one of those gigbags. and suddenly BOTH of the straps tore off and my guit hit the floor real hard and it made this nasty sound.. you know - when you can hear the springs attached to you tremolo. from that moment on it had a deep cut on the bottom where the guitarstrap is fixed. but it still is in tune and all.

i wonder why certain guitars are so fragile - a friend of mine had a gibson guitar and one day he had it leaning on the wall and it fell and the neck was broken. mine fell from like one meter and it was almost unharmed.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 10
Psycho Amram
Psycho Amram
12/18/2002 8:10 am
not long ago i leaned my guitar against the wall and went but as i turned my back i heard a scratching sound so i turned back to see my guitar slowly building up speed toward the floor. so i ran and jumped and CRUSH! my guitar fell with a aweful sound just a nano-second before i could catch it and i hit the wall with my shoulder.
God sent meat,
and the Devil sent cooks.

Excuse me while i keep this eye
# 11
David C
David C
12/18/2002 3:47 pm
An old girlfriend took a knife to my guitar strings once, slicing right through the little strings before getting hung up on A and E, which took a small but noticeable chunk out of the neck near the head. The guitar was fine, but I had to get rid of the girlfriend.

"It's all right son . . . we told you what to dream"
# 12
Psycho Amram
Psycho Amram
12/19/2002 6:38 am
thats not nice thing to do (i mean cutting strings and stuff)
God sent meat,

# 13
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
12/19/2002 11:04 am
Originally posted by jake sommers
it makes me angry to see a guitarists smash his guitar that sickens me so.

The one which pissed me off was Avril Lavigne on her new video....first of all, this is a 17 year old who can do but a few bar chords with a PRS, and to add insult to injury she smashes it into the windcreen of a car. Bitch :mad:
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 14
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
12/19/2002 2:43 pm
Funny thing is we owe this trend to people like hendrix, cobain, and numerous others. The most idolized guitarists of this generation. But then again, look where they (cobain & hendrix) are now! Not trying to be funny, but maybe it's the guitar getting it's revenge. MUHAHAHA!!

[Edited by noticingthemistake on 12-19-2002 at 08:46 AM]
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 15
kingdavid
kingdavid
12/19/2002 4:13 pm
I thought I was the only one with beef with anyone smashing anything that looks like a guitar.
There was this time we were watching TV in the common room in my hall of residence in college(colleges here don't provide tvs for students in the room,you watch the common one or bring your own)and there's this brian mcknight video.
He's got this awesome looking acoustic I'm drooling over.Then somewhere in the song the SOAB raises it up and
David:WHAT THE F***************CK!!!!!
[b]The other studednts:What?!?
he brings it crushing to the ground.
That hurt.Other dudes wouldn't see what my problem was,but it literally upset me.
But it ended well;it's those stories that work out in the end,so near the end of the song,you see the destruction being undone and the guitar is put back together.
Much better.
Thank you,Mr. video director.
# 16
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/20/2002 9:57 pm
Ok Im a bit afraid to post this.... but it was nearly 20 years ago, oh no confession time !

When I was in high school, me and some friends got a band together, there were several differences in opinion and I went on to peruse a solo career.

Anyway the other guitar dude gets him a Marshall JCM800... yummy big bad valve head and 4 12 cab, on casters. Anyway me and some friends turn up during a practice after several bevies and offer to help set up there kit (I want a closer look at the JCM). I am rolling this thing across a polished floor at , well more or less top speed when me and the cab stops and the head doesn’t ! EEeeeeek ! Bounce ! Rapid retrieval of the head ! As it happened the head was fine and my mister meaner went unnoticed....phewwww !!!
Needless to say much more caution was shown when next I handled expensive musical equipment !

[Edited by Dr_simon on 12-20-2002 at 04:01 PM]
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 17
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
12/21/2002 9:03 pm
i know it sounds weird, but i think i would treat my children worse than my guitar equipment (i dont have children, so i just have to guess). :D

edit- that came out weird the first time i said it!:D

[Edited by Incidents Happen on 12-24-2002 at 02:01 PM]
# 18
jesse sutton
jesse sutton
12/22/2002 6:26 am
okay i have two horrible stories.

1) i am in a music store with a friend, and i decide to take a telecaster down from the wall hook. well as some may know, the headstock is thinner then the normal telecaster size, and when i tried to put it back in the hooks, it stayed for about a second or two, before crashing down about two metres. i had turned around, before it fell, and all i heard was this massive crash, but with some sort of musicality behind it. i turn around once more to discover, the tele, lying on the ground next to wooden piano. a little kid had been playing the piano, and was almost smashed in the head by the tail end of the guitar. i rush over there, and pick up the guitar as careful as possible, hoping that i didnt ruin it. the employees rush over, to discover the guitar is in perfect condition, but the piano has a humongous chunk missing in the edge. they were all worried about there damaged piano, but i was still upset about the tele. since i knew the guys well, the said that they wouldnt make me pay for the damages, which were around $600. i got off the hook that time, but i get some odd looks when i return to the store.

2) i got my younger child, (a yamaha acoustic,) in the backback thingy, and i am walking to school. i have to cross over a set of tracks, that run up a hill, and on the other side, there are some big stone blocks that are about four feet high, that just keep the little hill from eroding. well i had to jump off the lowest stone to get to the path, but as i jump, i realize i didnt jump out far enough, and i smash the bottom of my acoustic, at full force against the stone. it took a chunk out of the bottom that was about the size of a tennis ball. i almost died right there. luckily the wood didnt shatter and i was able to glue the piece back in place. i couldnt get it professionally done, because i was broke, and although it doesnt look perfect, it still worked out in the end.

Those are my stories. I wont be offended if you all hate me now, because of this lack of care for such a wonderful instrument. Although i am EXTREMELY careful now.

life is all about having sex with beautiful women.
# 19
Psycho Amram
Psycho Amram
12/22/2002 6:48 am
you all should watch furi-kuri
God sent meat,

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.