View post (Sweaty hands)

View thread

sparkyoneonetwo
Sparky Foxx
sparkyoneonetwo
Sparky Foxx
08/05/2015 5:24 pm
Originally Posted by: richray01One thing that may help is to grab the pick between the "side" of your pointer finger and your thumb instead of between the two tips. You should have half the sweat problem. I don't think you should use any kind of powder. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can jump in.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer I've got a bad habit of holding my pick with the tips of my fingers working on breaking out of that habit.

[QUOTE=GT Staff]So, is the sweat coming from your actual hands or your wrist and forearm? If it's your wrist and forearm, you could just try sweat bands on your arms, like what drummers wear.

It's the palms of my hands. I've had issues with sweaty hands my whole life i've done tings like wearing gloves or using powders to cut back on the sweat but none of that really seems like a good idea when playing. I got some Dunlop brand picks today that have a checkered pattern where you hold them gonna try and see if that helps with the pick issues. My other picks where smooth from front to back.