View post (Rock Smith 2014)

View thread

sparkyoneonetwo
Sparky Foxx
sparkyoneonetwo
Sparky Foxx
08/10/2015 9:31 pm
Originally Posted by: Dan VascI aways wondered if Rocksmith is worth something to learn guitar. So it's not so effective?

I guess it kinda depends on what your looking to get out of the game. It has lessons and stuff but nothing that's all that great in my opinion. To learn a song it's pretty cool because you can pick what section of the song to play pick how fast to play it. Pick to play lead, bass or rhythm. If you are trying to learn a solo you can use a tool called rift repeater and just keep repeating the solo till you get it, speed up or slow down the solo to help you learn the notes. It's a lot of fun for me but I use it as what it is a game and not so much as a tool to learn guitar. I have learnt a few really cool riffs using the game though as well as Bob Dylan's version of Knockin on Heavens Door.

Took a few hours of playing the game and now I can play Knockin on Heavens Door with out the game.

So it can help you learn stuff but I'd never recommend using the game alone to learn guitar.