Hey Guys

linda p
linda p
07/08/2015 1:44 am
I'm looking for an amp for my acoustic guitar. Everyone seems to know so much on this section about these subjects. I'm not a pro an far from it. I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money but I want it to sound decent. I have never purchese one before but my Martin has a pick up so why not...thanks lindap
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/08/2015 12:51 pm
Originally Posted by: linda pI'm looking for an amp for my acoustic guitar.

Hey, Linda! You might want to ask Lisa or Caren since they use acoustic guitars virtually exclusively.

This Sweetwater page has a list of factors to consider.

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/acoustic-guitar-amp-buying-guide/

This page has some amps for acoustic guitar.

http://www.sweetwater.com/c980--Acoustic_Guitar_Amps/low2high

Also, you might want to consider if you want the amp to have 2 inputs if you ever plan on plugging in a mic also to sing along with your playing!

Finally, don't buy without trying a few of them! Take your guitar down to a guitar store that has a few of these amps & tell them you want to plug your guitar into a few amps to test them to hear what sounds good to you. To see which amps have control interfaces that make sense to you.

Have fun shopping for gear! :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
07/08/2015 5:16 pm
Originally Posted by: linda pI'm looking for an amp for my acoustic guitar. Everyone seems to know so much on this section about these subjects. I'm not a pro an far from it. I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money but I want it to sound decent. I have never purchese one before but my Martin has a pick up so why not...thanks lindap

Hey Linda - could I ask what price range you're hoping for?
# 3
linda p
linda p
07/15/2015 3:28 am
Tha's just it I'm not sure of anything ,I don't mind spending the money if it sounds good. But wounldn't go over 200, dollars . I only will use it at home ,I don't play anywhere....thanks Chris.............lindap
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.