View post (BOSS GT 100 preamps)

View thread

orion1237b
orion1237b
06/18/2015 4:08 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks AdminDo you mean the Blackstar "amp" or "preamp"? Are you saying you have two preamps, or just the Blackstar amp and the Boss preamp?

If you're using a preamp and the Blackstar amp, you should be able to go guitar -> preamp -> Blackstar amp then simply disengage or bypass the preamp when you don't want to use it.

Does that help? Perhaps I'm not understanding you're situation.

Let me know.

Thanks for the reply:)
I just have the Blackstar HT Club 40 Combo amp (which I assume has it's own preamp and amp built in) and the A&B preamps in the GT-100 and a BOSS FS-6 foot switch plugged into the SUB CTL/EXP. I am told I can use this foot switch to switch between the GT-100 preamps A&B and my Blackstar's preamp. It will basically by pass the GT100 preamps yet allow me to maintain the chain of the effects that I chose. I can do this manually by hitting the effects button, turning off the preamps A&B and turning on the S/R. Now I'm using the Blackstar preamp. Or if I want, I can press the effects button on the GT and turn the preamps A&B on thus utilising them instead of the Blackstar. Using either choice allows me to keep my effects chain intact thanks to the four cable method of connection. So, in essence I just want to assign switch A of the FS-6 to preamp (able to turn the GT100 preamps on and off at will) and assign switch B of the FS-6 to control S/R on and off at will. I hope this explains what I'm trying to do a little better. I'm a complete moron when it comes to this!

Phil