The almighty Ping!

Cutta
Cutta
06/26/2002 6:42 pm
Hi everyone Ive been playing for 17 years now and put a minimum of twenty hours a week record and play time and I lurve my Jacksons.I am a bit of a fan of the pinging in an expressional sense, particularly at the lower g and f# on the E sixth. I have focused on getting Zakk Wyldes character into it,after all who done more pinging than Zakk apart from John Sykes (Blue Murder). Zakks ping has an aggresive attitude when he does it, it has a big sweepy vibrato at a rapid pace. Now I know he uses a Jim Dunlop Rotovibe and I bought one two weeks ago and the sound is much closer and I know he layers in the studio, THE FACT HE DOES IT PERFECTLY LIVE annoys me to tears. No one can ping like Zakk does and Iv'e been playing his stuff for years, but there is still something missing in my performance of his ping. Iv'e got a feeling its in the hand technique but I can't nail it exactly like Zakk and you all know how obsessive us guitarists can get about things sounding right. Any secrets out there?
CUTTA
# 1
guitargod420
guitargod420
06/27/2002 3:14 pm
the secret is zakk is the fu#kin man , but zakk dosent use his rotovibe for the pinch harmonics , he just uses it mainly for clean songs like road to nowhere, ever since i heard of zakk wylde ive done pretty much every thing i could to play and sound like him because hey who wouldnt wanna play like the master himself , just work on your vabrato as much as possible , oh yea what zakk does alot for his PH is he will slam the wah pedal down and then pull it back up, i cant really think of anything else right now thats where the whole 420 thing comes in effect but if u have anymore questions about zakks playing just ask ive studied this man down to a t i , uhh peace out

# 2
Cutta
Cutta
06/28/2002 11:01 am
I'd be really interested to hear about any other of Zakks tricks not as in scales but as in tricks. Just little signatures and things like that because I totally agree Zakk is the F****n man there just is no other guy playing guitar as good as him and he aint no asskisser either and he hates Dave Grohl and thats just awesome! Down to Earth has a specific trick I would like to know and I'll come back with the track and time so you can help me with it. Guitargod dude who has wisely invested hours into the art of the Zakster tell me a couple of obvious Zakk tricks I might know em but I might not and I'd like to re-affirm things rather than risk not hearing anything new at all. If anyone else knows any please contribute AND IF YOU DONT KNOW WHO ZAKK IS FOR GODS SAKE FIND OUT! ps Guitargod420 do you have any stuff I can hear of your own I'd be really interested to hear some Zakk influenced stuff.
CUTTA
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.