View post (Video Is Broken!)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/20/2015 4:29 pm
There is a lot of 'stuff' between 'us' and Guitar Tricks. The network is full of nodes and relays and many/most times when videos slow, stutter, or hang up it is one of the key points in the internet's backbone that is the problem.

Significantly during these types of problems, neither your/our ISP nor Guitar Tricks can do anything more than report it...the problem will be cleared up eventually but, in my experience, not particularly quickly.

It might be you and your set up, it might be your ISP, it might be Guitar Tricks but chances are it's none of these but the backbone instead. When I had the problem last spring here's what GT and I found out;

"Your tracert report shows that your route to GT servers goes through Level3 and indicated a connection time out. Other users have reported connection problems and their tracert reports have also identified problems within Level3's networks. Level3 is a tier 2/ tier 3 service provider, and they help connect various ISP's such as Comcast and AT&T, essentially serving as the "backbone" of the Internet."

Frustrating I know...
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins