View post (Amazon Special on Humidipak)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/04/2015 12:01 am
Hi again,

Just in case you haven't found the page, here's the url for Amazon's Gold Box Deals, http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ . Each deal runs for a couple hours and there's a new group each day...usually featuring a dozen or more random products discounted from Amazon's regular price. One can sign up for email notification and that's what I did...the email is waiting for me each morning and all I have to do is click the link and a browser page opens with all kinds of wondrous stuff/junk. :D

I've participated in GT threads about humidifying guitars and spent a lot of time researching the different products. Given that my guitars' room is borderline acceptable humidity most of the year I opted for a homemade solution...a cut up, wet sponge placed inside a 35mm film canister (no top). The canister is kept in place inside the guitar case with Velcro sticky tabs. Within a week the sponges require rewetting.
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins