Tom Hess

JeremyRodriguez
JeremyRodriguez
03/16/2015 11:58 pm
Hello.

I just wanted to get some people's opinions on Tom Hess' guitar playing and his correspondence lessons, MCMP, and EGTIC. Feel free to post whatever you want.
14 Day Mini Course That Boosted My Alternate Picking by 30 BPM In Less Than a Week at NO COST at www.transformmusically.com

FREE Download of Forsake Me Not's debut single and annual VIP membership! Limited spots at www.forsakemenot.com
# 1
alan1965
alan1965
03/25/2015 9:35 pm
Hi, I have no experience with his lessons but I did subscribe to the "practice generator" which turned out to be no more than I calculator when all said and done.
# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/25/2015 11:13 pm
Hi alan1965,

Sorry, I am not sure what you are referring to. Are you describing a "practice generator" on the Guitar Tricks website?

-Guitar Tricks Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/25/2015 11:53 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin
Sorry, I am not sure what you are referring to. Are you describing a "practice generator" on the Guitar Tricks website?
[/QUOTE]
No, I think he means a resource provided by Tom Hess, a guitar instructor mentioned in the OP.
[QUOTE=JeremyRodriguez]
I just wanted to get some people's opinions on Tom Hess' guitar playing and his correspondence lessons, MCMP, and EGTIC.

Hey, Jeremy! I've heard Hess play & he's an excellent guitarist. I don't have any experience with his correspondence lessons. But I've seen video footage of his instructional seminars. Based on what I've seen, he seems like a good, sincere, involved instructor with lots of good practical advice for his students.

Hope this helps!
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4
alan1965
alan1965
03/29/2015 2:13 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks AdminHi alan1965,

-Guitar Tricks Admin

Not at all. Tom hess has something which he calls the practice generator, which he charges 17 dollars a month for and it is not what he claims it be be. It would be nice if gt had a program to help build a practice routine though
# 5
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/30/2015 8:59 pm
Ahh I see what you mean now. I think that's a really great suggestion and I'm happy you shared it with us. For now, for all practice content, you can search here:

https://www.guitartricks.com/artofpractice.php

Thanks as always for the awesome feedback!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 6
beacheshome
beacheshome
04/18/2016 8:20 pm
I'm a new student of the Tom Hess corporation and am in my second month of their correspondence lesson program. It's very expensive, but I believe that I can learn from it. I did use their "Practice Generator" and "Accelerometer" apps and I think that these might be okay for people that learn a certain way, but THE COST for these two simple apps is simply appalling. I paid about $80 CDN for a one month 'subscription' to them. The "Practice Generator" is a stopwatch/Timer that's connected to a list of practice activities and the "Accelerometer" is a metronome that lets you track your playing speed and progress. If I had paid $5 to own each of these apps I would have been disappointed, but I actually paid about $80 CDN for one month's access to them.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.