View post (D major Scale)

View thread

mbgold78
Full Access
mbgold78
Full Access
03/17/2015 3:10 am
Chris, Thanks for the reply. I just started your core 2 videos, and beginning the A minor scale. I'm grateful man thanks... I took your advice and I watched up to playing resolutions on your fifths tutorial and I have a lot to think about and understand. Maybe you can help unravel some confusion.

1. You were playing C to its octave C. Then you moved to the lower fifth G, to its octave. Switching back and forth between playing them simultaneously seemed harmonious, but Im not sure that was the takeaway?
2. Then you matched C to its higher octave C and went to the 3rd note from the octave to E. But, when I counted 1 2 3 from the octave C using the scale shape, I did not hit E but a D#, was I not supposed to use the C scale shape from the higher octave c?
3. Once you had C,C,E not exactly sure how you were strumming, it sounded like you were only hitting string 5 3 and 2, not sure of your strum technique? When I strum down on all strings it doesn't sound right.
4. When you were completing the cadence(i think I'm using the term correctly) by moving to the G position, why did you move from 1 to 7 on the 2 string and E to F on the second? I was assuming G to G and 3 from there?