View post (Ac)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
02/28/2015 1:38 am
For a long time some Ovations were foreign made, some U.S.. But the U.S. production has been limited for a few years to signature models, limited editions and the Adamas models. Celebrity models were made in China and Korea. Then, the U.S. factory closed last summer and Fender sold KMC (the subsidiary that makes Ovations) to Drum Workshop this January.

Apparently, Drum Workshop intends to keep marketing Ovations and [U]may[/U] restart U.S. production but these changes are pretty recent and I imagine plans are still up in the air.

There's this: "Initial reports indicate that DW will be keeping the Ovation brand alive. Scott Donnell, VP of marketing at Drum Workshop, calls it a "fluid situation." "We're excited about the future of Ovation and what we can do with that brand," he says. He adds that, based on preliminary discussions, there is a "distinct possibility" that Ovation will be re-opening a U.S.-based production facility. Although DW will not be showing the Ovation brand at the 2015 NAMM show, they hope to have a presence for next year's event." http://www.acousticguitar.com/News/Ovation-Brand-Sold-to-Drum-Workshop?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AG_Weekly_MasterTemplate%20(43)&utm_content=&spMailingID=11555819&spUserID=NTE3ODQ4MDk1OTYS1&spJobID=423767343&spReportId=NDIzNzY3MzQzS0
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins