View post (Sustain A Note)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/07/2015 5:14 pm
Originally Posted by: JeffS65I don't recall seeing that (if you posted it in the past). Was your Classic this Classic?
[/quote]
Close! A friend of mine had that silver knob version. Mine was the black plastic knob version.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachments/amp-central-station/55909d1281630110t-bought-used-peavey-classic-50-212-several-questions-peavey-3-jpg

I think I also plugged into Bright 1. Whichever one was loudest. Obviously. :D
Originally Posted by: JeffS65
I do remember the spring reverb being like Armageddon if you bumped it the wrong way.
[/quote]
Exactly!
[QUOTE=JeffS65]
It was a great standalone practice amp at practice volume. I could get a great chunky tone from the set up but as soon as you start pushing the volume, the bottom end just dropped away. With the 4x12, it had that mid/bottom like you mentioned.

Again, exactly!
[QUOTE=JeffS65]
Funny side note...I brought the am in for a little maintenance once (some of the connections were getting kinda janky. The store (I hung out at wayyyy too much) had another of the same Classic 2x12....so we thought it would be cool to do stereo Classic 2x12's with the matching 4x12 cabs just to see what it would sound like.....yes, it was pretty awesome.

Awesome! :) I never did that. My MXR series 2000 had two outputs so I should have tried it with my friend's Classic!
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory