View post (Some recent recordings)

View thread

maggior
maggior
12/20/2014 11:03 pm
Hey Haghj500 -

Thanks so much for your feedback! We've only recently started rehearsing La Grange and have been rehearsing I Shot the Sheriff for 2 months now. I'm still getting Gibbons style down.

Actually, the other guitar player plays the first solo, but I improvised something for it that night just so we could do the song. I know the opening part and faked the rest.

Double stop bends are very cool. You are right that they play into his style. I actually can do them, so I will definitely start adding some of that.

Yes, I do play with my eyes closed sometimes. I don't think about it, I just do it. For some reason, when I do the lead in for the solo on "Day Tripper", I have to close my eyes otherwise I fumble hitting wrong strings and stuff.

Prebends are something I like to do also. For some reason I tend to use those in lower tempo solos.

You've given me a good number of things to consider and think about...thanks for that!! What's cool is I already the a skills for these elements, I just need to incorporate them more. I do tap my foot, but on all 4 beats. I'll try it on the 2 and the 4 also.