iOS equivalent of "Transcribe!" Software program?

DJFastAndFluid
DJFastAndFluid
09/19/2014 12:47 pm
I've been using Transcribe! (http://www.seventhstring.com ) with a Microsoft Surface tablet to help with my guitar lessons when I'm away from home (which is Monday through Friday).

What I love about this software is
(a) it plays .flac files (as well as all other kinds)
(b ) it supports a USB foot pedal for stopping and starting and reversing up the music.

The software allows you to slow down and speed up the speed of a piece of music (typically a JamTrax CD or other backing track) you're playing without changing the pitch, which makes learning new material against backing tracks which don't have the Slow/Medium/Fast versions some training materials provide (such as for the Rock School syllabus) a breeze.

With a small practice amp like the Blackstar ID Core 40 or yamaha TH5A which support mini-jack stereo input alongside the usual guitar input it makes for a great guitar practice tool when I'm away from home.

What I don't like about the software is having to run the Microsoft Surface tablet with a mouse to be able to load up songs and close the program down. The Microsoft Surface really doesn't work as a tablet and is unwieldy. Plus I'm more of an iPhone/iPad guy (I have iPhone, iPad and iPad mini). Most of my lesson time is done away from home so I don't have the full music room setup I have at home and want to carry as little as possible. I guess I can live without the USB foot pedal (since Apple devices don't have a USB port the way the Surface does) so does anyone know of a program similar to Transcribe! that runs on an Apple device (ideally Phone and iPad)?
# 1
wilson.cheng
wilson.cheng
04/17/2018 6:40 am

I think Anytune Pro+ is the closest match to your requirement.

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.