View post (Once again in a band)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
11/21/2014 10:00 pm
And now I have two possible bands lined up. There's the Punk Rock band I mentioned previously, and then there's a new band-start coming up, it seems. I just saw an ad posted by a bassist, who could also play guitar if needed, who's looking for a band. He's into a lot of different stuff, so I thought "hey, maybe he wants to start an Arena Rock band!". So I threw him a message, telling him a bit about myself and my style, influences and goals, and he was hooked from the beginning. I didn't have a drummer in the loop at the moment, but then I remembered a guy I've chatted with before, and sent him a message too. Both hooked, now I just need a singer for that band, since I can't sing very well, and even if I could, being stuck behind a mic isn't my style at all.

I'm not going to ignore the Punk Rock band. I'll still give them the chance they deserve, but my main interest is with this new possible band right now. Especially since they can only rehearse during the weekends just like me. They can still practice every day, but the drummer doesn't want to drive for an hour to rehearse on regular work-days, if we can rehearse during the weekends instead (suits me just fine, and the Bassist doesn't care what day it is, as long as there will be frequent rehearsals...). Let's see how this develops. There's still a month until my reh with the Punk Rock band, which means a month left to learn some of their songs... I'm not really doing too much progress in that area. Not yet, anyway...
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...