View post (Once again in a band)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
09/09/2014 7:18 pm
So, with the first rehearsal coming up tomorrow, I'm certainly starting to feel a bit anxious... I find that to be a good thing. Normally, whenever I feel this anxious about something, it goes better than I expect. I felt the same way prior to jamming with the Bassist back in May, where it actually got to the point where I considered locking myself up inside the practice space and not letting him in... Probably shouldn't tell him that...

I've practiced my parts as much as I could in this short amount of time. I prefer to have more time, but that's how life works. Sometimes you just don't get what you ask for. So I've learned the basics of how to play the riffs in Highway Star and I already knew Summer Of 69, so we'll take it from there.

One thing I like about this, however, is that I will be using my own gear, not some rental gear like when I jammed with the Bassist. That means it'll be easier for me to dial in the tone I want. As for guitars, I'll be bringing my Les Paul and my ES-345. Normally, I'd bring my SG instead of the ES, but my SG is in for repair, and since my ES is more used for bluesy stuff than rock, I think it'll be exciting to see how well it handles the SG's domain. It'll also be interesting to see if my amp can keep up with the drummer, to be honest. If not, I'll need to buy a tube amp for band practice.

I'd wish I had time to get the riffs in Back In Black down. For some reason the turnarounds just seem out of reach within the short time I had... Well, we'll work on that soon enough.

I'll let you guys know how this goes. Hopefully, we'll agree to meet up again with the Bassist and start calling ourselves a band.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...