View post (Back in the Saddle)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
08/06/2014 4:28 pm
I've got an upcoming meeting with a Bassist, with the purpose of seeing if this can turn into any kind of long-term thing. We've got a date, time and place for it, so those problems are six foot under by now. All that's left is for us to meet up an play a bit, and hope things work out.

One thing bugs me, though. We haven't agreed on any specific songs to learn yet, so we don't have any material we can both be sure the other person knows. Of course, we don't have a singer or a PA yet, and the singer typically has the most to say when it comes to picking out songs, since his vocals is what most people will notice mostly. I generally don't like to go play with others and not be sure what we can both play... We also don't have a drummer yet, which is another issue altogether...

Getting the PA will be easy enough. I plan on buying a mixer and mic for my own studio-use, but getting a singer and drummer might require a bit more luck... Does anyone know if providing a PA and Drumkit (even if they are basic ones) will help get a singer and a drummer? I'm currently storing a simple drumkit in the attic, which is actually on its way to a pawn shop because the original owner didn't want it anymore, and didn't want to quite throw it away yet in case he would want to pick up drumming again... Haven't heard from that guy in ten years or so... So if putting even a simple drumkit up in the rehearsal space would attract a drummer, that would be worth considering...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting this bassist. From our chatting so far, he seems like a pretty cool guy, and our tastes in music are pretty similar, so we should be able to find something to play :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...