View post (World Cup Fever!!)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
06/05/2002 9:11 am
Originally posted by James8831
...nice and normal,polite and put up with foreign idiots very kindly- so where do all the fascists come from???

Most people are cool.But when a son/daughterofab**** get's into power,it can get screwed up.Plus like that French guy,me I think they use that "bad boy" image to sell themselves.
Just like the way some musicians use image to sell,as opposed to using their talent.
I mean,human beings are social animals by nature.
But back to the football,I also like France(Henry& Wiltord play for Arsenal,and Arsenal beat Man U in the premier league.Plus people like Zidane are wizards.And if Lebouf says you aint doing ****,you aint doing ****.Remember how he held Ronaldo in the '98 final-I was for Brazil,btw-and Diof that opening match).But if they are playing against an African team,*shrug*.
I didn't know Ireland-Keane would be that good.But they held Cameroun real nice.
I'm loving this world cup.It's probably gonna be the best yet for African teams.
And although James is right,it is political,man,that "Africa" thing is very strong over here.I also saw on CNN a guy in Senegal saying their win had opened up the way for Nigeria and SouthAfrica and Cameroun and Tunisia.You can bet that will be backing these teams when they play,unless of course they're playing Senegal.