View post (Will adding a Bigbsy solve this?)

View thread

Terranaut
Terranaut
07/23/2014 4:59 pm
From reading reviews, most said the Bigsby was a very positive mod to their guitar that didn't cause tuning problems. They did however all seem to mention stepping up string heaviness to 11's. I have been using 10's but bending hasn't been to tough even to get a whole step.

To the gent with the strat, I'm not a newbie to guitars and had 12 at my max 20 years ago. I never attached the tremelo arm on any, so I can ID with you. I just wasn't that kind of out-front attention seeker lead player and worried about tuning--starting out as a bass player in bands for more than a decade since the late 1970's. Just playing rhythm was a delightful step up that I started accumulating guitars. But the whammy bar was a frontier I was reticent to cross. This Epiphone 339 ultra stays in tune even though I have been making great strides in finally playing lead where bending notes seems to never effect tuning at all. I one had a Parker with Sperzels and even getting that thing in tune was a pain much less staying in tune. But this Epi is un-freakling-believable in it's ability to stay in tune. It has the built-in tuner which is in the bezel of the neck pick-up and checking is easy as it gets. I decided to risk the Bigsby and ordered one. I expect with my reserved approach to things I'll probably use it without the tuning issues. The guitar itself is a real keeper so far.