View post (How to properly test-drive an Amp (or "how to find the perfect amp")?)

View thread

haghj500
haghj500
07/19/2014 2:36 am
The best advice I think I can give you is sleep on it over night before you buy. You may listen to 5 to 30 different amps that day. By then you will have amp over load, no matter what you find that day, leave it at the store, get a good nights sleep, then go back and play through it again. If you still love it make it yours, if you have any questions, leave it there.

I left my home 4 different times over 4 or 5 years with money in my pocket and the idea I would buy a new acoustic in my head, but came home empty handed every time because I could not find the guitar that made the sound I was looking for. When I did finally find the one I wanted it cost a bit more than what I wanted to pay. I was very glad I didn't settle for something less on one of my other trips, because I still had the money to pay a little extra for what I wanted.

Do Not Settle! if you go back the next day and that new amp does not sound the same, keep the extra cash until you do find what you want.