View post (Avenged Sevenfold)

View thread

bbzswa777
bbzswa777
07/09/2014 5:23 am
If there is such a thing. It could be that, or because I've been obsessed since day one. Another thing is I started when I was 25 years old. If I had started when I was 16, I know I wouldn't be this good at 8 months (now 9 months). Now that I'm older, I know how muscle memory works and how much repetition this instrument requires.

But regarding this song, Beast and the Harlot, I have everything up to speed except the solo. It's the second half of the solo that's most challenging. I have it up to about 80% speed, but I started at 40% a month or two ago! But this is by far the fastest thing I'm able to play. But what I realized is that even if something is above your ability level, if you just slow it down and practice it several thousand times, you can speed it up.

I use this program called The Amazing Slow Downer. I really recommend it, as it's helped me gain so much accuracy and speed, because you can slow down any song as much as you want, and even speed it up. So if you have something that's difficult to play, you can literally increase the speed 1% every day. You won't even really notice that you're playing faster.

~Rusty