View post (Upcoming Music-school gig)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
05/11/2014 4:18 pm
Originally Posted by: haghj500Often the singer you choose will decide what key you play songs in. Most people have a certain range of notes they can sing, so the songs have to change to fit their key. Worth keeping in mind when choosing singers.

It's cool your getting to jam with other people and this band thing is falling in place for you.

Yeah. And I've got a new drummer lined up just a few hours after I got home yesterday. Which means? I've got Drums, Bass and two Guitars covered! So now I just need to find a time where all the other three guys have the time, and the Rock-Band will be complete.

As for a singer, we'll have to do auditions to find the right one. I know that people have certain vocal ranges. In my opinion, a singer with a wide vocal-range would be the best, but I don't expect the singer to be Freddie Mercury, Axl Rose or Myles Kennedy... That would just be too much to expect since we're all somewhat new. Out of the current "lineup", I'm the one who's been playing for longest, with the Bassist being the newest. Of course, I don't consider this "lineup" a band just yet. It needs to be tested by having everyone sit/stand in the room and jam for a few hours first. If that goes well and people like eachother, I'll conisder it a band :) But first, I'll have to find out when the next jam will be, and that seems to be harder than I thought it would be :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...