View post (Upcoming Music-school gig)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
05/08/2014 8:05 pm
Well, I've got awesome news and bad news (and the awesome ones are exactly that; Awesome!):

The awesome news first: I just got a text from the other guitarist I've jammed with for some time now in preparation for that music-school gig, and he wants to continue playing together! We're playing really well together, and now I'm not the only one who wants to keep this musical team-work going! I'm not sure how much we can get done with just two guitarists at the moment, but since I've tried working a bit with Ableton to produce MIDI-tracks, I might be able to put some backing tracks together for us to jam along to :)

The bad news: He doesn't have time this weekend, so we'll have to find some time that fits into his plans. I suppose that's not really bad news after all, since I now have a nice guitar player, who's at a level close to my own (I think I have a bit more theoretical knowledge, but his playing is a bit more fluid than mine and his Phrasing is pretty good compared to mine).

Now we just need to find out when to meet, what to play and how to split the solos between us :) Ideally, in my opinion, we'd each get one half of the solos. I've seen local bands with two guitarists who do that, and it works pretty well (and the crowd usually likes those bands more than those who have a designated Lead Guitarist and a designated Rhythm Guitarist). It also makes things a bit more interesting, since we have different tones (obvious, since he uses single-coils in his Tele, while I use Humbuckers) :)

Let's see where this musical adventure will go...
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...