View post (Upcoming Music-school gig)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
05/06/2014 10:13 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorDid somebody record it?

For years I only had a single guitar - my strat.

Well yeah, you have to pay the mistakes *some* mind :-). Sounds like you handled them well.

My band thing seems to be stalling. I'm getting fed up that we can't even decide on songs to work on... In the meantime I'm just going back to focus on skills I was working on before this whole band thing came up in January.

I actually don't know if my sister got any good recording of it. She's the only one who had a phone out during the whole time, so if anyone got any recording, that would be her.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing that I've only seen him with the Telecaster :) If it feels good to him and he likes the sound, I'm not complaining. My LP feels great in my hands, so obviously that's the one I use the most. My ES-345 is a close second, because of its tone (I got it at half price because the pickguard was missing, and it still cost more than my LP or SG). It doesn't feel quite as good, probably due to the larger body, which takes some getting used to, but the tone is just awesome. I think it's gonna be featured on my next recording once I actually get my sh*t together and go back in the studio/practice-room/guest-room... For some reason I just haven't been able to concentrate on doing anything remotely related to recording for the last week. I haven't even come up with any cool riffs in the last few days!

On the bright side, not going in the studio to record for the last few days has let me have some time to play Rocksmith again. I've almost got "Paint It Black" (The Rolling Stones), "My Generation" (The Who) and "Pour Some Sugar On Me" (Def Leppard, 2012-version) nailed down, and I started on a Rush-song and "Walk This Way" (Aerosmith) last week and both are coming along nicely :)

Sucks to hear that your band is stuck. I hope you guys can find a few songs you all want to work on. I know how hard it can be to find a few songs that multiple people want to play. Me and the bassist I'll be jamming with had to go through about 20 songs before we found one song ("Summer Of 69") we both liked, and the Drummer (who claimed he was up for playing almost anything, as long as it wasn't extreme metal) didn't like that song, so he decided to just cease all communication with us... So now I'm here without a Drummer... well, still without a Drummer :)

If the bassist doesn't work out, I'll keep in touch with the other guitarist, and we can try arranging something. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I could just tell today when we rehearsed before the gig, and when we jammed at the gig, that... it was there. There was this magical, musical connection that I've never noticed with any of the musicians I've gone through so far, in my search for band-mates. I know nothing about his style, influences or preferred genres, but the connection was there for the first time in my life!
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...