View post (Upcoming Music-school gig)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
05/06/2014 9:10 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorVery cool!!! Congrats on your first gig in front of strangers!!! Glad to hear the nerves didn't get the better of you! If you didn't pay the bum chord and bad note any mind, your audience didn't either!

That's great that you now may have another guitar player to work with too. It's good that he has a different tone that you...adds variety!

Enjoy basking in the glow of your success!!!

I actually did pay the mistakes some attention... I was just about to play the wrong chord, and just immediately thought "wrong chord", then did a little kind of walk-in to the next chord. Luckily, my pick had only hit the Bass-Note, so it wasn't a big problem to save that mistake :)

I agree that it's good that the other guitarist has a different tone. It would get boring if we both played with the same gear and settings. As far as I know, he only has one guitar, a Fender Squier Telecaster with Single-coil pickups, so obviously that's gonna give a different tone than my three Epiphones, all of which are equipped with Alnico Humbucker pickups of different kinds. His style also seems to be heavily derived from the Blues, while mine is more Classic Rock-based.

Right now, I'm just looking forward to jamming with that Bassist. I hope it'll go well, but if it doesn't, me and the other guitarist can always just find a place to jam, and find a bassist and a drummer to start with. The music school should have some who might be interested :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...